Position: VP, Production Operations
Employer: HootSuite Media Inc.
Location: #5 East 8th Avenue, Vancouver, British Columbia, V5T 1R6, Canada
Term: 40 hours, permanent
Salary: 180,000 – 200,000 per annum, plus benefits
Hootsuite Media Inc. is recruiting for the position of VP, Production Operations. Reporting to the Chief Technology Officer, the VP, Production Operations will recruit for and lead a division in building disruptive, cutting edge products, including highly reliable and secure data centers and IT systems.
- Identify Hootsuite information processing systems needs and establish objectives, approaches, and plans in support of those needs
- Formulating policies and directing future infrastructure adoption to meet strategic business goals, while optimizing cost, maintaining 99.99% availability and world class performance.
- Responsible for the enterprise-wide organization, effectiveness, and efficiency of the data center, service delivery, service support, disaster recovery, and general IT operations.
- Co-ordinate and supervise the delivery of standard Engineering solutions for Hootsuite’s data centers, servers, storage and networks to address business goals and operational requirements within the cloud and physical data centers.
- Lead the implementation of infrastructure into new computing facilities and ensure availability, security and reliability of systems and networks with high quality installations and fast implementation cycles.
- Manage capacity planning for data center resources such as space and power is properly provisioned and managed cost effectively.
- Perform Financial forecasting; allocate financial resources and administrative controls to manage project and departmental budgets for Production Operations and IT.
- Partner with Product and Engineering division as well as other stakeholders to build and run, communicate, support and deliver against established strategy, technology roadmaps, standards, processes and services within a startup environment.
- Partner with with Engineering leadership to establish criteria and execution to ensure proper transition from Engineering to Operational areas for project delivery and production support in a Dev-Ops environment.
- Partner with Hootsuite’s Information Security division to ensure security, audit and compliance requirements are met for all data center, cloud and IT operations.
- Establish metrics and measurements demonstrating operations health. Communicate through active dashboards and operational reviews.
- Represent the company or delegate responsibilities to Vendor Relationship Managers to foster healthy supplier relationships, manage contracts, product performance, usage monitoring and forecast, service levels and expectations
- Lead the triage of escalated, basic to moderate problems as needed to ensure restoration or quality of service in the case of outages.
- Recruit, develop and mentor a division of talented, highly motivated staff and managers.
- Develop opportunities for cross-department effectiveness and remove organizational barriers for strong teamwork, collaboration, and excellent service delivery
Required Skills & Experience:
- 5+ years experience managing teams responsible for Data Center Operations and Service Delivery for large-scale web based application or SaaS companies with geographically dispersed workforces and customers.
- 5+ years experience in data administration, IT, or systems analysis
- Demonstrated technical management knowledge in Service Oriented Architecture, Enterprise Storage, Networking Architecture, High-Availability Systems, Data Center Networks, WAN, LAN, MPLS, Cloud Computing (AWS), Active-Active Data Centers, CDNs and Virtualization.
- Passionate, collaborative, results-oriented leader with a proven track record of inspiring and building strong performing teams
- Demonstrated experience in implementing quality guidelines, standards and procedures
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated experience in financial forecasting and managing budgets
- Experience negotiating contracts
- Demonstrated financial and contract management skills
- Completion of secondary school
Salary Banding: $180,000 – 200,000 annually
Hootsuite offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes coverage for extended health, dental, vision, sick days and our on site health and wellness center. Employees also receive 15 vacation days per calendar year, as well as stock options.